Nearby (Half an Hour or Less)
- The Shaggy Sheep is just minutes away and the completely perfect mountain cafe. Check hours while planning.
- Riverbend Eatery is about 10 minutes away. Great Italian food with large bar and patio. Right on the river!!
- The Bucksnort Saloon is a legendary biker bar that will take you back in time. Great for curious explorers.
- Mad Jacks Mountain Brewery is a great spot for local beer, food truck grub, and outdoor seating.
- Zoka's Restaurant & Bar is the perfect spot for good food, local beer, and excellent drinks in the middle of nowhere.
- 285 Pizza Pies is where to head when you're hungry for some pizza.
- Cut Throat Cafe is a great hole-in-the-wall place for mountain comfort food (Given the name, they really should have trout on the menu, but sadly they don't).
- Rustic Station in Bailey has a cool mountain vibe with more American comfort food.
- China Village in Bailey for great Chinese food.
- Derrick Thai is a bit further in Pine, but they have really good Asian fusion!
- Ophelia's Electric Soap Box is a MUST for music lovers. Their Sunday brunch is particularly fantastic and free. This is a unique music venue surrounded by floor-to-ceiling, tiered restaurant seating. Great food and great local music. Reservations are recommended.
- Linger is a former mortuary and one of Denver's most-loved eateries. Reservations needed.
- Vine Street is an all-around great, locals favorite pub and brewery. Often busy and cash only.
- Ace Eat Serve is an Asian-influenced eatery and bar with a room full of ping pong! It's located in Uptown along 17th where you'll also find the locals and many other great spots.
- 1-Up is a bar with a very fun twist. 2 locations and an unbelievable amount of arcade games and pinball.
- D Bar is where you go for the dessert of your lifetime (or just an excellent Happy Hour).
- Forest Room 5 is where to go for a truly unique experience with a hipster summer camp theme and great drinks.
- Avanti has perhaps the best view in Denver. This co-op is a great place for options and hanging out since it has multiple local-restaurants, 2 bars, and various open seating all in one big 2-story warehouse.
- Root Down is one of Denver's most famous food spots. It's all about locally-sourced foodie-food in a really cool setting. There is now even a small version in the airport. Reservations needed at the main location.
- City O' City or Watercourse are fantastic vegetarian and vegan comfort food options. Try the beloved Sietan Wings!
- Stopping in the River North Arts District (RiNo) is a must if you have time. Here you'll find street art, lots of great restaurants and fancy cocktail bars, and two great classically-Denver warehouse cooperatives, The Denver Central Market and The Source. Both have a variety of incredible local food options, including Acorn (reservations needed).
- For breweries, the options are endless. The big ones, Breckenridge or Great Divide are totally worth the visit, but there are so, so many others to choose from as well (with a quick Google search) that are smaller and more "Denver" here in this Craft Beer Capitol, depending on your style and taste.
- The Sherpa House Restaurant & Cultural Center is a magical Nepalese place with a great buffet and beautiful, inspiring outdoor seating for warmer days. The perfect place to experience the influence of Himalayan culture in CO.
- Abejas is for the foodie, with great locally-sourced food, boutique cocktails, and a vibey, rustic atmosphere.
- Miners Saloon if you're looking for a place that is quintessentially Colorado and reminiscent of local mining history.
- Barrels & Bottles is where to go if you're looking for a brewery.
- Boulder is one of the Foodiest Towns in America. If you're coming here for the food, it's best to do some research. But these are a few of my personal favorites.
- Boulder Dushanbe Tea House is a must-visit when in Boulder. A gift (with a cool story) from Tajikistan to Boulder, this spectacular building is more like a museum.
- The Med has insanely good food, a great Happy Hour, and a charming Greek-isle inspired patio and theme.
- Mountain Sun is the original of this local brewery chain. It might be hard to get a seat at peak hours, but this is a true CO place to eat and drink local beer. Cash only.
- Leaf is the prime spot for vegans and vegetarians (or just for trying something new, healthy, and creative).
- The Kitchen is a swanky, farm-to-table bistro not to be missed by Foodies.
- The Kitchen Next Door is a community spot that boasts farm-to-table for less and is (of course) next door.
- Oak is a local favorite with locally-sourced food and a classy menu.
- Snooze is where it everyone seems to go for brunch, so the wait is not for the impatient. This is the original location, though there are several in the metro area.
- There is also no short supply of breweries!
- The Jailhouse Craft Beer Bar is a fun stop with great food and beer, located in a historic 1880s jailhouse!
- Simple Eatery for casual, but delicious dining.
- House Rock Kitchen for the best dining in town. Creative healthy food and Kombucha mixed drinks!
- The Asian Plate for Asian-inspiration done so, so right.
- Deerhammer Distillery for excellent whiskey drinks, food trucks, take-home bottles, and a nice patio on Main St.